CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 16, 2009

We're Safe!

Yesterday my company laid off more than 50 of its employees as part of its "reduction in force" initative. Blah Blah Blah.... Needless to say it was very stressful--regardless of the fact that Michael and I had come up with another game plan for my career if I were to be let go. Even though I knew this day was coming I sat in a state of shock as one by one I watched folks that I have worked with for 2 1/2 years be tapped on the shoulder and asked to go speak with HR. By the time 10:30 rolled around I was told that my job is safe. My manager wasn't as lucky (a single mom with 2 kids and a loser of an ex-husband). Her daughter probably around age 11 had cancer last year and her son who is in high school is autistic. Knowing that she would be without a job was gut wrenching and really hard for me to swallow--I completely understand the decision, but it was still hard to realize. And there are many more stories--people that I dearly enjoyed working with. I will especially miss working with Linda--a lovely lady with the heart of gold. She was my little TV star and always did local mid-morning tv apperances for the company. She was fabulous and will be greatly missed and never replaced.

0 comments: