CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Naming our boy!



A lot of people have asked how we came up with the name Remington, since it isn't the typical name that a lot of people use. From the very beginning we had named our child Savannah Jane--that was until we found out it didn't have girl parts. So then I was completely without a clue on what to name the little man, so I told Michael that it would be his choice. I still can't believe I gave up that serious of a choice to Michael, but I did. We knew that our son's name had to honor Michael's father, since we had a conversation w/ his sister after his dad died where we all agreed that Michael would be the one to name his son after his dad.

I didn't want to name another person in the family Michael (as their first name), so I left it up to my husbands sport fanatic ways to name our child. Michael loves football and several years ago there was a player in Michigan whose name was Remington--Michael loved it. It took a few weeks to get me used to the idea, but shortly thereafter I was sold on the name as well. Now onto the middle name, since the first name didn't honor his dad. Since Michael has 2 middle names "Christopher Carl" we decided we would make it a tradition and have Remington have two middle names--solution to our honoring Michael's dad. We gave Remington his grandfathers name as his middle name. So there you have it--Remington Michael Louis Gray. A long name, but one that is for sure going to make a statement one day.

0 comments: