CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

No Eggs, Please!

It's official, Remington is allergic to eggs as well as peanuts and tree-nuts. We found out from the doctor a few days ago. Quickly we are learning to be the parents that ask what everything is made of--so I am apologizing in advance if I annoy anyone with my questioning or if I pout because you made something yummy and didn't think about trying to adapt it so that Remington can have it too. If anyone knows any great recipes that are nut and egg free let me know. I feel so bad when Remington is around other people and he sees them eating things that he can't have but he really wants--like dessert. It is so sad to have to give him a piece of bread when his cousin is devouring a slice of chocolate cake right in front of him--so help I need recipes. I don't' think we should rid the world of chocolate cake (I mean that would be crazy talk), but at least make chocolate cake that is somehow egg free and nut free. I know there is a way, I just have to figure it out.

I am thinking about making a sign for my front door that reads, "Nut free zone--check next door". Ha Ha Ha (I know corny)

1 comments:

JON and EM said...

Poor Remy!!! Well I wonder if that's what made him break out in hives that one day I was there. Didn't he have eggs for breakfast?? And I agree with chocolate cake should always be allowed. Is he allergic to powdered eggs do you think? There has to be some type of egg substitute. Well, I'm glad they're able to figure out the problem so you can avoid certain things!! And I think "Nut Free Zone" sounds hiiiiilarious. You should so do it!