CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 27, 2009

SALSA

Last night Michael and I bonded over canning salsa. That's right I canned without my Mama. I grew up canning--gosh summer was spent under Myra's porch snapping beans and shelling peas, shucking corn, etc. So I guess you could say it is in my blood to be domestic and can food, but I haven't done it since I left home more than 7 years ago. So earlier this week I went to the organic produce stand and bought lots of yummy tomatos and chili peppers (I know lame that I don't have a garden, but I just barely got an attached garage, so i guess 1 thing at a time) and last night we experimented with making salsa. It was quite the experience, but everything turned out fabulous and the results were nice and spicy--just the way we like it.

I will post pictures of my lovely canned salsa sitting on top of my counter all happy and spicy!

Thanks hubby for inspiring me to get back to my roots and do some canning. And thanks Megan Strong for the fabulous salsa recipe.

0 comments: