CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 12, 2009

Birthdays, Pumpkins and 7 pounds

Call me crazy but 25 feels just like 24. Thursday was my birthday and I started out the day kind of bummed because I wasn't standing on the plaza in New York watching the Today Show as Michael and I had planned almost 6 months ago. Long story of why not...

However, once I arrived at work my day got a little better. I walked in to realize that my desk had been decorated by my co-workers and my sweet husband had snuck into my office and left a beautiful flower arrangement and a chocolate chocolate chip bunt cake. My coworker Spencer even made me German chocolate cupcakes--from scratch. Then later that night we went out to dinner at a nice Italian restaurant--Lugano's. We learned about this place from Vanessa and Kevin--they had their rehearsal dinner here and we had wanted to go back for some time. The night was lovely and simple--just the way I like it. Although I still missed Matt Lauer and getting to see him on my birthday--maybe next year.

Then on Saturday I took Remington to pick out a pumpkin or two. He had so much fun--for some reason he thinks pumpkins are babies. Random! Below are a few shots of our pumpkin excursion.


Once again I have embarked on a weight loss regimine. This time I am having success, I have lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks by cutting out carbs, fat and sugar. Which has also helped my horrible stomach issues, Dr. said it isn't celiac. However I still get sick whenever I eat bread, pasta, etc. I tried pasta for the first time on my birthday and I got sick before we could even get back to Michael's moms to pick up Remy. So we are thinking it is a gluten intolerance instead of full-blown celiac.

Eating at the Gray household is pretty fun: no eggs, no nuts, no shellfish and now limited gluten. However I love pasta so i don't think I could ever give it up completley. I will just have to stay close to home if and when I eat it.

Oh and here are a few shots of our house... Not nearly the whole place, but the living room on the main floor.

2 comments:

Jenny May McKim said...

I have gluten issues too...
I love Pasta too..
RICE PASTA is almost as tasty..
Though it does not make for as good of leftovers... At least it does not upset your tummy..

I too have set out on baby weight loss but I am going to try Weight Watchers.. So far so good...5 pounds the first week and we shall see after Thanks Giving Dinner today I doubt I'll be down much...

JON and EM said...

What a great post!! First, HAPPY BIRTHDAY yet again, and SO sorry about not seeing Matt Lauer! That truely is a disappointment. :) And what a dang sweetheart is your husband?! That is incredibly awesome and thoughtfull of him. And CUTTTE Remy picking out a "baby"/pumpkin! I love him in that big coat! What a stud! And lastly, LOVING the pictures of your house!! I need to see more! You're such a great decorator too! Congrats on the continued weight loss, and good luck pinpointing what it is that's upsetting your tummy. And agreed, the rice pasta is quite tasty! Look for the brand De Boles. They are the best we've found. Ok, super long comment. Love ya!