CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Gosh Darn H1N1

*Warning you are about to read a venting session of an overworked mother of one, who has extreme guilt about working and having a kid--but it is what it is*

Having a child who is allergic to eggs, nuts, shellfish and asthmatic isn't very easy. I just spent over 1 1/2 hours today trying to figure out where I could get Remington vacinated for H1N1. (The shot kind is in Utah, for any moms with kids under age 2 who couldn't get the nasal spray. Big vaccination fair this weekend, check the SLC Health Department Web site for more info. PLEASE GET YOUR KID VACCINATED, since we can't at this time)

Apparently there isn't a single place in the WHOLE STATE OF UTAH that can currently give it to him because of his egg allergy--even though he meets the age guidelines to be given priority for it, he is in contact with other kids constantly (due to daycare) and all of his doctor's are encouraging him to get it because he does have asthma and is at greater risk. NOT even the allergist who gave him his normal flu shot--which he did fine with becuase he was being supervised. The health departments in Utah have the shots currently and they will not give to a egg allergy kid because of side effects and the inability to give the vaccine properly to a kid with a potential allergy. The health department expects to start distributing to pediatrician offices in the near future, but no confirmed date or at least that is what the Director of the Salt Lake County Health Deparment said. (Yep called him too!) However, the health department currently can't distribute to my allergist because of legal implications. So what's a working mom to do who can't stay at home and keep her kid safe from the germs of other sick kids? And to make it worse it seems like people who are sick don't feel the needs to stay away from others. Or at least that is my experience--a kid in his daycare was sent home yesterday for having a 104 degree temperature and is now being treated for swine flu.

My gosh Obama care, I can't even get a H1N1 vaccination given to my allergist so Remington can get it. (believe me I even offered to pick up the vaccine from the health department and take it to the allergist, and NOPE 'cause of legal issues) Seriously this is messed up, but for those of you who can get it. GET IT at least then you will be one less person who can spread it to my baby who is sitting in daycare today with a huge sign on his forehead that says "Please give me swine flu, since you were eligible to get vaccinated and didn't".

Oh the joys of being a mom and having to let your baby go out in the germy world without a protective shield. Okay I am done venting.

1 comments:

pagefamily said...

I hope he doesn't get it!
I love the mascara picture too! He looks like a little Derek. And I will admit, these two years have gone be quicker than I expected them to. It will come quicker than you realize when you will be sending little Remy into the world!
Are you guys coming home for Christmas? And Leslie and Carla are my biggest "bragger critics"!
But I am fine with that. My friends have a title for bragger blogs.... the "Christmas bragging card that NEVER ends"! So true!
Love you :)